Answered Prayer: Trip to Thailand! :)

It was the 5th of July, year of God's Great Miracles (2012).

I opened the Bible in 2 Kings 4: 1-7. It read,

"The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the Lord. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves.”
Elisha replied to her, “How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?”
“Your servant has nothing there at all,” she said, “except a small jar of olive oil.”
Elisha said, “Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don’t ask for just a few. Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side.”
She left him and shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. When all the jars were full, she said to her son, “Bring me another one.”
But he replied, “There is not a jar left.” Then the oil stopped flowing.
She went and told the man of God, and he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.”
 
At the reading of the last word, my heart was broken. I knew then that I've been carrying a burden that is not for me to carry. I've exhausted myself with worry and fear for my family. At that moment it was fear for my parents.
 ------------------------
 
I was born to Millan Villarino, 47 then, and Lualhati Villarino, 46, on a quiet day of August 14, 1993. Eighteen years later, they are still the same funny and responsible parents that I know--although way older. Growing under their care, I remember how aware I was about how fast time flies. How I always pray that God will reward them to live and see my future husband and even kids. How I always pray for the salvation of each member of my family because I know...life isn't in our hands. 

I never realized how heavy my heart was until that night of July 5. I broke down at the last word of 2 Kings 4: 1-7. I can't force myself to think about how many more years left I have with my parents. I just know that it's time to let go and LET GOD. Jesus Christ reminded me that the burden I carried since time immemorial is not for me to carry. It is HIS' and He'd already overcome it 2000 years ago when He died on the Cross of Calvary. That evening I surrendered all the worries I have for my family. I cast it all down at the feet of Jesus. 

Just as the widow and her son, I gave my empty jars to Jesus--no longer filled with worry, concern, and burden. Faith comes along with every empty jar that I surrender. And you know what? Now that my jars are empty and my faith solely given unto Him, He is ready to fill it. 


Four months later, one of my empty jars is filled. It was my greatest dream--their baby daughter's wildest dream. I hope you don't mind, but I'll show you an excerpt from my journal, dated 5th of July 2012; 11:00 pm:
"Lord Jesus, I want to give [my parents] the opportunity to enjoy life and see the world as long as they have strength. Lord Jesus, my parents are already old and I'm two years away from graduation...please allow me to bring my parents across different beautiful countries. [Allow] them to enjoy the beauty of Your Creation. Lord Jesus, my faith is in You..." 
My father hasn't been to any country outside the Philippines. It was his dream to visit other countries together with my mother. It was his dream, but I made it MY dream. Yes it's a simple dream, but it's one of the greatest I have. After that evening, I constantly prayed for it. I even started to save money. It'll cost much and I don't know how much time I'll need to save up, but God will provide. He always provides. 

------------------------

November 29, 2012. I boarded the plane with flight number 5J 929 going from Manila to Bangkok, Thailand. I knew then that no matter how many countries I've been to and how many more I'll go to, this 4-day vacation will always be special to me. It was the moment when my first empty jar was filled. It was an answered prayer--and a quick one! I didn't leave the country alone because my sister, mother, and at last, my father were with me.

Mom and Dad
Sister, Me, Mama, and Papa

Like Mother, like Daughter :">
With my hero
Isn't she lovely? I love my sister!

Stayed in at the tallest tower in Thailand!

God moves in ways that we cannot see. We may ask for something, but He'll give us something greater! All the time I prayed for it, I thought I'd have to shoulder all the expenses. But you know what? God provided it. I didn't spend a single coin from my own purse. God bless the heart of my brothers and sister. God bless the heart of my brother-in-law and sisters-in-law. This trip wouldn't be possible without God and my siblings' good heart. I love them so much!

God can do great miracles, but let us not limit God to what we want because we might miss out the greater things God wants to offer. What's your burden? Stop carrying heavy jars filled with worry, hatred, envy, or sorrow. Just surrender your empty jars to God and put your faith in Him. Next thing you'll know, it's already filled. God richly bless you!

P.S. 
I haven't told my parents about it. I haven't told them how much I dreamt of bringing them to different countries. I'm just happy to share this experience with you. I hope you were inspired by it. :) Who knows, maybe they'll about this someday? :) But then again, it doesn't matter. I just love them so much. Thank God for this family.

 


1 comments:

The Daydreamer Reader said...

I am so envious! Haha. But still, congrats to your trip dear even when you encountered some problems there. Cheers for more trips to come! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I would like to hear more from you soon! :') God bless you! :')

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up