Book Review: The Sun Dwellers (4.5/5)

FIRST DAY: Info about The Dwellers Series and the author (Dec. 7)
SECOND DAY: Excerpt from The Sun Dwellers (Dec. 8)
THIRD DAY: Review of The Sun Dwellers (Dec. 9)

It's the final day of The Sun Dwellers 3-Day Blog Stop! :) And for today, I give you my honest review! :) Hope you like it! :)
 

Book-iography

Title: The Sun Dwellers
Author: David Estes
Published: November 23, 2012
Publisher: David Estes
Format: E-book
Pages: 357
Type: Series (The Dwellers #3)
Bookshelves: Young Adult, Dystopian
Read: November 29-30, 2012
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Rating: 

 What can I say?

You all know how I sincerely love and enjoy this series. I love the action, fast-paced plot, the characters, the twists, David's witty writing style, the setting, the idea. Pretty much everything. The Moon Dwellers caught me at page 50. The Star Dwellers at page 10. And I just have to be honest, but The Sun Dwellers--ah, yes, yes--the Sun Dwellers is just a little bit too fast, yet too slow for me. Haha! Sorry about that, but I can't find the right word for it. 

I guess it's too fast because it left me off with a gazillion questions in mind. Questions like why put Sinus, Linew, and Bren? What happened to the war (aside from the bonus story)? Why kill Mom (guess whose Mom) when all the while we expected her to be alive and kicking? Nevertheless these are just trivial questions. :) It didn't make the series anything less than fantastic! Oh, David. You're a natural comic. :)

On with the third book, the Sun Dwellers brought its readers into a deeper intimacy with our main characters: Adele, Tristan, Roc, Tawni, Trevor, and Ram. Essential info will be revealed about them. Yeah I know you've memorized every detail about them in Books 1 & 2, but hold that thought because you might miss a quarter of your life if you won't read this! *just saying*

Anyway, the plot picks right where The Star Dwellers ended. Our six leading dwellers are on their way to the Sun Realm to uhmm...kill President Nailin. On their way, *tiny spoiler #1* Adele is having second thoughts about TRISTAN! Ugh. I can't believe she's doubting him! Hmp. When they reach the Sun Realm, they're in for a mega-awesome cool realm party! Yup, that's right. It means that everyone will be out on the road dancing, singing, jamming, partying! And it also means that it'll be harder for them to hide. T.T 

Eventually they'll reach the president's palace, but it doesn't end there. The story's just beginning to unfold. Oh yes, SECRETS and SECRETS and lots of SECRETS will be revealed! And of course, people--the ones we love!!!--will die. :( So sad, but I bet you don't want to be left behind, do you? X

Without further ado, I present to you.... *drumroll
THE SUN DWELLERS by David Estes! 

P.S. It has a fourth book!!!! All this time I thought it was a trilogy!!! David better not be serious about November 2013, though. I'll go crazy!!!! T.T

Whee. Enjoy reading! ;)


laurice-with-love <3
Find this review on Goodreads!

2 comments:

David Estes said...

Thanks Laurice!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and I'm sorry for the long wait for the 4th book :) I'm working on a sister series called Fire Country that is really important to the story, so don't worry, you'll get three books in between!

taseesea said...

Extra resources Prada Dolabuy hop over to this web-site Dolabuy Louis Vuitton hop over to here Louis Vuitton replica Bags

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I would like to hear more from you soon! :') God bless you! :')

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up