Book Review: Spark

Book-iography

Title: Storm
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Published: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Kensington
Format: E-book from NetGalley
Pages: 432
Type: Series (Elemental #2)
Bookshelves: YA Books, Paranormal Romance
Read: August 21-22, 2012
Rating: 








What can I say?

Okay....This is hard. First of all, I give Spark a rating of 3.5 stars. (It's my first time to give a half star! Yey! I'm just not too sure whether it's good or not. One thing is for sure, though. I'm being generous with my stars! HA! :'>)

Second of all, please let me warn you that this is simply my analysis of Spark and the series as a whole. Please don't get mad at me. :) Heehee. :">

Okay, so here goes nothing. To be really, really, really honest with you guys, I've been trying hard but I just couldn't get into the series. I know everybody loves the Elemental Series or at least more or less 90% of the reviews said so, but for some reasons, I wasn't allured to join the bandwagon. I know, I know. You're all wondering what has gotten into me. :| Sorry guys. I've tried and TRIED and still failed. Probably, it has something to do with the story. It could be more convenient if it was condensed into a 200-page book since the gist of the story is at the last 50+ pages. I think we could do away with the other 100+ pages. Haha. Just sayin'. Sorry :'>

Anyway, moving on to Spark...I should say it is better than Storm! :) It drives a whole lot of emotion from its readers. You would really feel for Gabriel Merrick--his pain, hurts, irritation, agitation, and what have you. It's heartwarming to know that beyond those muscles of strength, anger, and rejection,  there's a loving twin who wants nothing but the safety of his family and loved ones. I bet many would fall head over heels with Gabriel. Sad to say he's taken. Haha! =))

It's quite a good book, but I just had a couple of issues with it. First was Nick. Whatever happened to Nick? >:(< The last time I checked he was a good twin. *sobsob* What happened? *sobsob* And what did I miss in Storm that I didn't see Nick and _____ coming together? I even thought it was Gabriel and ____! Well that was what I got from Storm. Anyway, second was Becca. Whatever happened to Becca? Err. She seemed different. And Layne? Yeah, is she Elemental? No idea--not answered in the book. T.T

OH! Before I forget, the half-star goes to....*drumroll*.....Gabriel! :"> His love for his brothers is simply heroic. :)

See this review on Goodreads! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I would like to hear more from you soon! :') God bless you! :')

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up