My New Found Love :">

Three things I'll add to my LOVE LIST:

1. PINK ROSES!

I don't know how it happened, but what I know is that I never loved red rosesSorry to the lovers of red roses. :)) heehee. :)

Thank God I had Pink Roses for my Debut
I always dreamed about receiving a flower that I particularly like. However, I highly doubt that there'll be someone who'll go to the trouble of buying me some--let alone buy a flower that happens to be my favorite JUST RECENTLY. But then, I received one. No, not really. I had a bouquet of pink roses for my debut, but I wouldn't count it for two reasons: first, I didn't love pink roses until recently; second, it was my sister who gave it to me. 

Who gave me the second pink rose, then? First things first, I received it from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Then, I count it as the first pink rose I received from someone, though others won't really even count it. Weird, but, yeah, I received a pink rose from God! :) Well, how? Err. I suggest you read my earlier post (click the link)

Since the day Jesus Christ impressed the pink rose upon my heart, I fell for it at once! I knew right then that it is the flower that I would always love. 




2. BOOKS!

Oh nooo. Not Books!
Believe me. As far as I can remember, I never--NEVER--liked reading. Sure I read novels back in high school, but just because we were assigned to make book reports. Besides, I usually had consumed all my patience and energy even before I finish understanding a single page! I guess I was simply born with a perpetual aversion towards reading. RAWR.

Seriously, who would want to spend hours reading--inside the train (while standing!) and on the streets--a novel that isn't required in school? Err. The last person that would fit that description would, of course, be ME. Even if there was nothing to do, you wouldn't see me lay my hands on a book. At least that was what I thought until summer came.

Summer Came and then....
God really works in ways that I least expect. One day I abhor books, the next day I can't take my eyes off of them! I guess it started with my effort to practice English two weeks before my summer classes. I figured that reading could help me improve my communication skills. So right then, I searched for a good Young Adult (YA) series, and the next thing I knew, I was head over heels in love with YA Books

Great! I just pray that I'll be able to save enough money to buy myself a new book every time I finish one. :') I'm praying that one day I'll have a shelf full of my book collections--God willing. :)

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read."
Scout Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird


3. JUICE AVENUE'S CALLE ESCOLTA SMOOTHIE!


Calle Escolta Smoothie

My family and I went to eat at a restaurant one April afternoon. Just as the meals were being served, my mother went to the stall across and bought one smoothie from Juice Avenue. I took a sip and all I could say was: 

I. LOVE. JUICE. AVENUE'S. CALLE. ESCOLTA. SMOOTHIE!!!.

Ever since, I would pass by the mall before going home from school to buy a 22oz Calle Escolta Smoothie. :">

Calle Escolta Smoothie is a combination of:

mango + banana + watermelon + melon

You should try it some time! Here's their website:





2 comments:

Dani said...

Hi. :) I like your blog! :) I love reading YA books too! I guess it's because these types of books are the most relatable and stuff. :) Hehe I like the pictures too!

laurice-with-love said...

Hi Dani! :) Thanks for visiting my blog! :') Can you believe it, I just started reading last March 2012! O.O and I can't get my eyes off them since then. :D YA books are simply amazing! :D

God bless you on your studies! :) Keep up your love for Math! It'll surely help you in college. :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I would like to hear more from you soon! :') God bless you! :')

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up